IEL School and System Leadership Development Series: Fireside Chats
In support of school and system leaders, especially during these challenging times, the Ontario Institute for Education Leadership (IEL) is offering a virtual Leadership Development Series using its Zoom platform. The first session is a "Fireside Chat" that has as its theme What does good leadership look like during a pandemic? You are invited to participate in this Fireside Chat on March 1, 2021 from 3 pm to 4 pm.
The session is designed to provide participants with opportunities for informal dialogue focused on common interests with the goal of sharing experiences and lessons learned. There will be a 40-minute breakout room discussion where participants will have the opportunity to share their thoughts on what some leadership "thought leaders" argue are relevant to leading in disruptive times? The discussion topics are: Leader Well-being, Leadership during a Pandemic, and Balancing Cultures of Learning and Equity. This small group discussion will conclude with whole group sharing.
To register for this Fireside Chat, on or before February 27, please click on https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEvd-qvqTopG9U1ha4VEV9HYXy_LgGyPIqA.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the link to join the meeting.
To ensure smooth participation using Zoom, please follow these steps prior to the session:
- Download the latest version of the zoom app before the meeting and test the application using the test link
- Join the meeting using the link provided and not from a browser as this disables the breakout room feature
- Sign in using your full name
- When not speaking please mute your microphone
- This session will be recorded. If you do not wish to be recorded, disable your video camera
- Once you sign in, you will be placed in a waiting room until the meeting begins.