IEL School and System Leadership Development Series: Deepening the implementation of the Ontario Leadership Framework (OLF)
(sent on behalf of Dr. Lisa Walsh, IEL Chair)
In support of school and system leaders, the Ontario Institute for Education Leadership (IEL) is offering a virtual Leadership Development Series – Deepening the Implementation of the Ontario Leadership Framework (OLF). We are inviting school and system leaders to participate in this session on June 2nd, 2021 from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. The session’s theme is “Leading During a Pandemic – Reopening Schools”
The session is designed as a vehicle for bringing together school and system leaders to dialogue, learn with and from each other and to establish supportive networks. Many school leaders have provided stories highlighting their successes in bringing about improved student achievement, equity and well-being. One of these stories, developed by Christy Radbourne, principal in a K-8 rural school located in northern Ontario, focuses on addressing inequities during the pandemic especially those related to technology.
To prepare for the breakout room discussion, we recommend that you read: Leading in a Crisis: COVID-19 – September School Reopening. In this story, Christy writes about opening her school last September after the March 2020 closure. At the session Christy will introduce her story and provide reflections about the past year and the future when school reopens.
To register for the IEL’s Leadership Development session, on or before May 29th, please click on the Registration Link.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the link to join the meeting.
To ensure smooth participation using Zoom, please follow these steps prior to the session:
- Download the latest version of the zoom app before the meeting and test the application using the test link
- Join the meeting using the link provided and not from a browser as this disables the breakout room feature
- Sign in using your full name
- When not speaking please mute your microphone
- This session will be recorded. If you do not wish to be recorded, disable your video camera
- Once you sign in, you will be placed in a waiting room until the meeting begins.
We look forward to sharing experiences and insights with you,
Dr. Lisa Walsh, IEL Chair